Creating Custom Pages
A custom page lets you group together articles of the same topic or sub-topic, so that very similar content is grouped together. For example, you could group news articles about a very specific topic.
An alternative to creating custom pages would be to configure a tag. When you configure tags, ContentBreeze automatically tags news according to its specific content,. But there are still times when you will want to dig deeper and manually group very similar content. With ContentBreeze, you can do this really easily and in very little time.
For example, let’s suppose that you want to group articles that talk about the same very specific topic, or articles that have a similar or opposite view. You can do this with a customized page on your site. This enables you to add personalization and more content.
Let’s look at this more in depth by using an example from the website, http://agencies.contentbreeze.com/
- Let’s say that, for example, you wanted to gather all the articles that talk about LinkedIn in a customized page. You could do this by either creating a LinkedIn tag, which will automatically tag the content, or by creating a customized page about it.The advantage of using a LinkedIn tag is that once it is set up, it is automatic. The advantage of a customized page is that you can chose the news manually that will go to that page, so the quality of the content will be more under your control.
- The first thing that you need to do is search for the desired news using the Search field on the upper right side of the page as you see below.
- Once you hit the Search button, the site will show you the results for “LinkedIn”, as you can see in this example. Notice that all of the words or phrases that contain the term “LinkedIn” are highlighted.Now you can review and check which of these news stories that you want to add. Maybe you want to make a specific page related to. In that case, you would need to chose only those news related to the topic of LinkedIn mistakes for agencies. however, if you wanted to add all news related to LinkedIn, it may be simpler to create a tag which will do this automatically.
The next step is to start adding all the LinkedIn news that you want to include in your custom page. Doing this is really simple.
Every article contains a thumbnail, title, summary and option buttons that are highlighted in red. These option buttons are only seen by anyone with admin privileges. The options available are Edit, Delete, Unfeature, Make Private, Moderate and Add It!
- To add a news feed, click on the Add It! button for all the news stories you want to add to your site.
- After you hit the Add It! button for every article you want to add, notice that the button will change to Added and will be highlighted in purple.
- Once you have finished adding all the relevant news, you could do a second search to add more news with another keyword. To do this, just follow the same procedure that you just did until you’ve added all of the news you want.
- Once you have finished adding all the news that you want to have on your site, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Add News green button.
- A pop-up box will appear that will give you options for creating a new . Just choose New Page option on the left side to create a custom new page and type a name for your personalized page on the second box. In this example, we will call this page “LinkedIn”. Then hit the blue Assign button.
6. Wait a few seconds, and you will be directed to the “Edit page” section, which will let you personalize your new custom page even more. You can chose to leave it as it is, or you can make changes to it.
If you want to optimize your page for search engines, you can write a Meta description. In this example, we will use this meta description: This page is a collection of the latest LinkedIn news that professionals and online marketers would be interested of knowing.
The Header would include any text that you would want to show at the top of the article, as the opening paragraph. If you do not want to include any text here, you can leave it blank. For this example, let’s use LinkedIn News for Professionals and Online Marketers. We can make the header appear bold and change the font size and color through the formatting tool bar.
7. The Content box shows all the added articles. You can leave it as is or you can make changes to it.
Some changes that you can make are, changing the order of the articles, creating headers and footers for each article, and even changing the article titles and summary content.
8. You can change the order that the articles appear (1st, 2nd, 3rd and so forth) by typing the order number in between the brackets in the [order id field] . The default will be 9999, just delete the 9999 and change it with the desired number. Let’s say that you want to change it to “2”, meaning that article will be positioned second in the page. (see yellow in image)
When deleting the order field, be careful only to change what is between the [order id = ] and [/order] tags, but not the tags themselves. Deleting the order tags will delete that news altogether.
If you wanted to add a specific header above a news story, for example, you would put in a title that separates some of these news from others. This text could be written in between the brackets of the top id (see red underline below). For this example, let’s use Creative Agency Launch as a header above a specific news story.
If you wanted to add text in the footer of the news story, you can add it in between the brackets of the bottom id (in yellow, at the bottom of the picture below). Just as an example, let’s put Launch as our footer here. Remember to always place your text between the brackets to avoid any HTML error.
9. As you have seen, each news has its own footer, which you can decide to leave blank, and the full page also has a footer. In this area, you can write a conclusion or something that encourages readers to subscribe to your website.
For example, Subscribe to our newsletter if you want to get regular updates from us. Again, you can make the text appear bold and you can also change font colors and sizes as you wish.
For the Template option, you could chose a different template than the one that is the default. If you want to know how to create more templates, visit this guide.
For the Sidebar, you may leave it checked if you want the personalized page to have the default sidebar at a side or uncheck it if you want the news to take up the full page.
Just leave the Order as it is.
For Status, click the drop down arrow and select the Publish button if you want the new page to be published now. If you are not yet ready, just select the Draft option.
Hit the Update button to save your work.
10. Once your page has been updated, click Return to go back to the Listing page menu or chose Listing Page from the upper menu.
11. You will see the new page you have created listed under the Pages with News tab. To view the page you just created, click View. If you want to edit the page configurations, click Edit.
With customized pages, you will be able to add more news whenever you want. Just follow the same procedure shown here. When adding new news to an existing page, as you can see below in the screen capture, chose the name of the (already created) page that you want to add the news to. Press assign, and the news will be added to the bottom of the page you selected.
You could also delete any news from a customized page anytime you like. To do so, you would need to delete the full line containing the order tags as well as the tags. For example let’s imagine that you are using the following: “[order id=35]9999[/order]”. Deleting that line will delete the full news from the customized page.