This article explains how to add websites to the admin. If you are looking for ideas on how to find great websites about your niche, you’ll find many tips here.
Once you know which sites you want to bring news from, and you have all the details, follow these steps:
Note: Depending what type of account you have (NewsletterBreeze or ContentBreeze), you’ll see more or less fields in the screen.
To add a site,
1) In the menu bar, click the “Site” link and then click the option “Add News Source”
Basic Settings (First three fields)
- Website Name: Visible name of the website in the news section.
- URL: URL or websitee. For example http://www.contentbreeze.com , using the actual website address.
- Feed RSS: Put the RSS feed associated with the site. You can get the RSS by clicking on the “Extract URL feed” button. That does not always work. If it does not find it, follow this guide. You’ll see different ways of finding the RSS.
That’s all your account needs to start bringing news.
Bring only certain news (keyword specific)
If you want to bring news related to specific keywords, add those keywords in the “Keywords field”
ContentBreeze will bring in only news that have those specific words in the title/category of the RSS. If you add more than one word, separate them by a comma. You can configure this in different ways, with negative keywords, Boolean terms, etc. More about this in this guide.
If you want to bring news from websites that do not have RSS, click here.
If you want to add only one news, click here.
Tips on finding great websites, here.
Other configuration options, here.
Advanced Settings (only valid for a ContentBreeze account):
- Special Category: Use this option if you want all the news from a website to be labeled with a certain word or tag on it. For example if your ContentBreeze site is about recipes and your you find a great blog which is only about dessert recipes, you could decide to label all news from that blog with one of the tags you already have, for example, “Dessert Recipes”. From that moment onwards, all news from that website would be labeled with those words.
- Twitter: ContentBreeze can automatically post to your Twitter account. Mark this box if you want all news from this specific website to go automatically to your Twitter account. More information about how to link up Twitter & ContentBreeze in this guide.
- Featured: Mark this box if you want to feature all news from this site. Featured news can be shown in the sidebar of the website and are also automatically included in your email newsletter.
- Auto Approve site: By default this feature is on. This means that news coming from this site are automatically published. You could set it off and news would go into moderation before being published.
- Position: shows where this website will be shown in the admin and also in the front end if you decide to publish your websites in the sidebar.
- Access: You could make news from a website public (by default) or private (only visible for registered users). If you wanted your full website to be private or public, you would need to check this guide.
- Status: Active or inactive. You could have any website as active, which means that the site searches for news every hour, inactive, which means that the site maintains old news but does not search for more news. “Inactive” news is useful if a website published in the past news related to your topic of interest but at one point changed the editorial guidelines and started to blog or publish other types of content. Inactive status will maintain old news, but will not bring more news. If you delete a site, which can be done from the screen that lists all sites, then all news from that site will be deleted from the database.
- Slug: This is the specific URL of the website in your site. It puts one by default which you could change.
Blog’s contact information.
The below information is only for informative purposes
- Contact name: Name of the person of the blog/website.
- Email: Email of the person of the blog/website
- Comments: Free comments about the website/blog
- Twitter handle: If you want to automatically publish the twitter handle of the website every time you/someone shares the news from that site on Twitter, you would need to add the Twitter handle. This is a good practice for networking. You can find more information about this in this guide.